1 10/29/2022 Welcome! What Monster?

 Welcome to my blog!  What monster, you ask! 

The doctor described me as a 'very healthy, well nourished 71 year old female' - but the diagnosis was IBC - the rarest of Breast Cancers.  *Metastatic Inflammatory Breast Cancer, Invasive Ductile Carcinoma Triple Negative  Stage 3.

I had never been 'sick' - only suffered orthopedic problems common to a woman with a lot of  arthritis.  This diagnosis was a shock to put it mildly!   

I have been a woman of faith in Jesus Christ for many years. He has proved Himself faithful to me in every circumstance - so did I say "Why me?"  "What did I do to cause this" "What could I have done to prevent this?"    I had routine mammograms ... a totally clear one just 10 months before this diagnosis! 

I instinctively KNEW my testimony and witness of the Sovereignty of God was at stake here!  Would God save me? Heal me? .... then the bigger question became "How will He use this for my good?" (Romans 8:28)   And my question turned to "why not me?"  Of course He has a purpose!  

I will share the answers to these questions in future postings - but I want you to read with me today in Daniel Chapter 3, the account of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

  The entire chapter tells how the king had set up a statue and declared that every subject in his kingdom should bow down and worship it whenever the music played.   Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who were loyal to the One True God and Him alone, refused.  The king ordered them thrown into the fiery furnace at their refusal.   Pick it up at verse 15.  "I will give you one more chance.  If you bow down and worship the statue I have made when you hear the sound of the music all will be well." declared Nebuchadnezzar.  "But if you refuse, you will be thrown immediately into the blazing furnace. What god will be able to rescue you from my power then?"  Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied, "Oh Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves to you.  If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us.  He will rescue us from your power, your Majesty!  But even if He doesn't, you can be sure that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up."  

So, what happened?  They didn't worship the statue and they were thrown into the fiery furnace - God did NOT save them FROM the firebut He saved them IN the fire There was another walking around inside the furnace.  Nebuchadnezzar declared the 4th man looked like a divine being!  It was JESUS! He was IN THE FIRE with them.  He has been and is in the FIRE with me!  Every single day!  

Put your trust in Jesus.  He will be with you in every fiery trial, loss, or diagnosis in your life! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4. November 7, 2022 Walking through Fires

8. The Joy of Anticipation